Business and Industry Membership Application
Part I – Account Information (*Indicates Required Field)
*Primary Service: (Check one)
Other Alternate Markets
** Restaurants must spend at least $8M annually and be centrally owned/controlled in order to access the Premier Foodservice Program.
Part II – Contact Information (*Indicates Required Field)
Participating Member agrees to the following:
- Participating Member hereby designates Premier Healthcare Alliance, L.P. (“Premier”) to act as Participating Member’s group purchasing agent for the products and services (collectively, “Products”) purchased by Participating Member through the group purchasing program (“Program”). Participating Member hereby acknowledges and agrees that Premier will act as Participating Member’s primary group purchasing organization for the Products it elects to access through the Program. To the extent there is no conflict with Participating Member’s existing vendor agreements and for the Products that Participating Member elects to access through the Program, Participating Member will utilize Premier’s Program contracts and will look first to the Program for its purchasing needs and give first consideration to Premier’s Program contracts. Participation by Participating Member in the Program is expected at the overall portfolio level rather than at the individual contract basis.
- Participating Member is hereby notified that Program vendors (“Vendors”) pay to Premier an administrative fee of three percent (3%) or less of the purchase price of the Products such Vendors provide, which may be apportioned between Premier and its affiliates pursuant to separate agreement. In the event there are any exceptions to the foregoing statement, they will be noted in a report located in Premier’s online member portal. Participating Member represents, warrants and agrees that it is not a healthcare provider of service. In the event Participating Member becomes a healthcare provider of service, then Participating Member agrees to immediately notify Premier and execute the Premier membership application designated for the healthcare class of trade.
- Participating Member will list on Schedule 1 attached to this Agreement the facilities that it intends to serve as Child Sites subject to the terms of this Agreement. Participating Member may update the Child Site list upon written notice to Premier consistent with the terms of this Agreement. Participating Member represents that it has authority over all purchases, including liability for payment of invoices, for each Child Site listed and that it has the authority to sign and bind each Child Site to the terms of this Agreement.
- Participating Member represents and warrants that it complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and that it has not: (i) been listed by any federal or state agency as excluded, debarred, suspended or otherwise ineligible to participate in federal and/or state programs; or (ii) been convicted of any crime relating to any federal and/or state program.
- In addition to compliance with the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement, Participating Member shall comply with all Premier policies pertinent to the Program, to the extent applicable to Participating Member, as published from time to time on Premier’s website. Participating Member agrees that in the event of a conflict between any of the terms of this Agreement and any such policy, the terms of this Agreement shall control.
- Participating Member will use all Products it purchases through the Program solely for its own operations and will not re-sell any such Products outside of the Participating Member’s business operation as indicated on this Agreement or use any such Products to provide services for a facility that is not listed as a Child Site on Schedule 1.
- This Agreement represents the entire agreement between Premier and Participating Member regarding the Program and supersedes any prior oral or written agreement concerning such subject matter.
- Participating Member agrees to protect the confidentiality of the Program’s group contract prices and terms, and in no event to leverage the Program’s prices to obtain a better price. Participating Member (and its agents, employees and representatives) shall keep confidential the proprietary and confidential information of Premier and its affiliates and shall not disclose such information to any third parties other than Participating Member’s employees with a need to know (who have been made aware of this provision by Participating Member and agree in writing to comply with it). Such confidential information includes, without limitation, Premier’s and its affiliate’s plans, reports, proposals, agreements, organizational documents, clinical studies, software, pricing information, contract catalogs (printed and electronic) and contract terms and pricing of participating vendors. Participating Member’s obligation to maintain the confidentiality of such information shall remain in effect continuously throughout the period of its membership in Premier and for a period of five (5) years thereafter.
- Subject to the confidentiality provisions contained herein and any third-party confidentiality obligations to which Participating Member is subject, Participating Member agrees to permit reasonable access to all data directly related to the purchasing of Products by Participating Member, where such purchases by Participating Member are made under: (1) Premier contracts; or (2) in Participating Member’s sole discretion, other vendor contracts, to determine whether Premier can provide pricing and Products to Participating Member that are in the Program (subclauses (1) and (2) are collectively “Participating Member Data”). Participating Member grants to Premier and its affiliates a nonexclusive, royalty free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, and sub-licensable right and license to aggregate, compile, decompile, manipulate, reproduce, modify, supplement, adapt, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, publish, disclose and otherwise use Participating Member Data: (i) to provide the Program and other products and services provided, or that may in the future be provided, by Premier or any of its affiliates; (ii) to perform Premier’s obligations or to exercise its rights under this Agreement; (iii) as part of products or services provided by Premier or any of its affiliates for Participating Member, including quality improvement initiatives, supply chain consulting services and data analytic services; and (iv) for any commercial purpose on a blinded and aggregated basis.
- Premier shall have the right to assign this Agreement and its rights and obligations hereunder to any of its affiliates.
- In the event any Participating Member is operated by a state, federal or municipal agency and therefore subject to applicable open records laws that may require Participating Member to release confidential or proprietary information of Premier and its affiliates, Participating Member shall promptly notify Premier of any request under such laws for the release of such information. Further, Participating Member shall cooperate in good faith with Premier and use its best efforts to assist Premier in preventing the release of such information to the extent consistent with applicable law.
- Participating Member represents and warrants that its execution and performance of this Agreement does not conflict with or violate any other agreement or obligation to which Participating Member is subject or by which it is bound.
- Participating Member acknowledges and agrees that Premier, its affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents will not be liable for the acts or omissions of Premier’s contracted Vendors, or for any representations or warranties made by such Vendors.
- If Participating Member sells products and/or services to other businesses then the following additional terms apply: If at any time Participating Member enters into a group purchasing agreement with Premier or any of its affiliates (collectively “Premier Group”) pursuant to which Participating Member agrees to pay any member of the Premier Group an administrative fee in connection with the purchase of Participating Member’s products or services by members of a group purchasing organization operated by any member of the Premier Group, then, thirty (30) days after the date of award of such agreement, (i) this Agreement shall automatically terminate; and (ii) Participating Member’s membership in the Program shall terminate. Participating Member represents and warrants that Participating Member and its affiliates, and their respective employees, agents and representatives (the “Member Group”), shall not reference Premier or Premier’s group purchasing program in any written or verbal communication, including without limitation a reference to the existence of a contractual or other relationship between Participating Member and Premier, without obtaining Premier’s prior written consent. In addition, Participating Member acknowledges and agrees that neither Premier nor its partners, including without limitation Participating Member’s Sponsor (defined in Section O), will provide the Member Group with access to any Premier tools, including without limitation Supply Chain Advisor and Premier’s membership roster. Participating Member further agrees that the Member Group will not use any confidential information of Premier, including any Premier pricing or membership information, for any business purpose of the Member Group, including without limitation, sales targeting. Any Premier confidential information obtained by the Member Group will be used solely to purchase Products under Premier group purchasing agreements.
- Participating Member authorizes Premier and the Sponsor named on the first page of this Agreement, if applicable (“Sponsor”), to individually activate group purchasing contracts on its behalf.
- Premier shall have the right in its sole and absolute discretion to immediately terminate or deny the membership of Participating Member or any facility or organization: (i) in the event Participating Member or such facility or organization acts in a manner that is inconsistent with the Program’s spirit of intent or violates the participation requirements of the Program; or (ii) whose involvement with Premier has the potential to damage the reputation of Premier and/or any of its affiliated companies.
- If Participating Member wishes to participate in the Premier foodservice program, the terms and conditions of Exhibit A shall apply.
- Participating Member will not independently solicit quotations from a Premier Vendor for Products covered in the Program without any involvement by Premier. To the extent consistent with the participation expectations of the Program, any locally negotiated arrangements between Participating Member and contracted Vendors in the Program shall be subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable Premier Program contract such that Premier is credited with any sales resulting from such arrangements.
Drag to Sign:
While holding down the mouse button or screen, drag your cursor or finger to create your signature within the designated area. Click the clear to erase.
Email the completed application and exhibits to email@example.com
COMPLETION OF THIS APPLICATION DOES NOT GUARANTEE ACCEPTANCE BY PREMIER.*Definitions for the types of member facilities relationships (collectively, “Child Sites”) (from Page 1):
OWNED: A facility is considered to be owned if the Sponsor or Parent directly or indirectly holds (1) a majority of the equity or corporate Membership interests in the facility or the power to appoint a majority of such facility's governing board or (2) a significant interest (which may be less than a majority of the total equity) sufficient to enable operational control and such facility is willing to designate Premier Healthcare Alliance, L.P. as its primary group purchasing organization.
LEASED: A facility is considered to be leased if it is leased and operated by its Sponsor or Parent.
MANAGED: A facility is considered to be managed if the Sponsor or Parent manages such facility in whole or in part (including at a minimum, the supplies purchasing function).
AFFILIATED: A facility is considered to be affiliated if the Sponsor or Parent formally sponsors the facility for participation in Premier’s group purchasing organization, but does not own, lease or manage it.